Friday, June 20, 2008

Environmental Stewardship

I made a decision this week to stop buying bottled water. The plastic, the waste of money on a resource that should be freely available, and the inherent wrong of paying for something that should be a universal human right finally got to me. So I purchased a metal water bottle, and have been happily refilling it. I feel it is right to reduce my carbon footprint as much as I can, and keep my wallet filled up at the same time! I've written before about how it is our responsibility as Believers to protect the Earth, in which our Father put us in charge. If drinking out of a refillable drink container helps achieve that goal, the Amen.

Some Scriptures for today:
Worship the L-rd with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs.
- Psalm 100:2

G-d is not unjust; He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him as you have helped His people and continue to help them.
- Hebrews 6:10

No comments: