Monday, April 06, 2009

Cross Canada Day of Action

I helped organize Edmonton's contribution to the Cross Canada Day of Action that took place this past Saturday, April 4. The event coincided with the NATO summit on the organization's 60th anniversary. For once, we had good weather. The crowd was smaller than we had hoped, but with little time to get things together and several competing events (as usual), I am happy with the turnout. And it is always a pleasure to play outside when the sun is shining and it isn't too cold. I could even take my coat off. Here is a look at some of the action.

Cross Canada Day of Action
Canada Out of Afghanistan
Say No to NATO
April 4, 2009
Churchill Square

Pics (34 images):
RaiseMyVoice.com
Flickr

Vids:
Intro (Doug & Me) (1:23)
I Sing "Walls" (3:59)
I Sing "I Only Ask of God" (4:28)
Safana Makhdoom (3:17)
Peggy Morton/ECAWAR (9:37)
People's Poets (10:25)
Sean Currie/Edmonton Peace Council (10:56)
Harlan/Friends of the Athabasca (3:20)
Dr. Tony Simmons (12:42)
I Sing "Butterflies and Rainbows" (3:20)

No comments: