Thursday, November 26, 2009

Crisis and Opportunity: It's Time for a Progressive Economy

The Parkland Institute's Fall Conference took place on November 20 and 21. The theme was Crisis and Opportunity: It's Time for a Progressive Economy. Writers, academics, and activists came together to discuss Alberta's economic boom and recent bust. I was only able to attend a few sessions in the afternoon, but I did manage to take some photos.

I also videoed Judy Rebick's closing plenary and question and answer period. This was my first time seeing Judy Rebick speak, and she was just as incredible as I imagined. Rebick is a long-time feminist and activist. She is articulate and hilarious.

I was also a conference blogger once again, so for specifics on the sessions I attended and my reflections on the themes discussed at the conference, visit my blog page.

No comments: