Monday, January 25, 2010

The New Art Gallery of Alberta

I took a tour of the new Art Gallery of Alberta building, along with around 30 of my fellow Edmonton bloggers and social media users. We represented a slice of life, from art lovers to professional journalists to people who don't really care about art at all.

The new building has a very modern design on the outside and inside, and I enjoyed the opportunity to get some structural and abstract shots of the architecture. I also had a great time going out on the terrace and taking some cityscapes from that vantage point.

It would have been nice to see a sneak preview of the actual exhibits, even though they were not totally set up yet. The exhibits of work by portrait photographer Karsh and depictions of war by Goya especially intrigued me. But I guess I will have to save that for another visit.

Here is my photoset from the event.

No comments: