Monday, August 08, 2011

Catching Up

This is a short post to bring everyone up to speed on my comings and goings. Well, some of them anyways. I've been attending a lot of local events as usual, including my two favourite summer festivals, the Servus Heritage Festival and Edmonton Folk Music Festival. For videos from both events, check out my YouTube channel that I am using to post Edmonton events separately from my usual one, which I would like to leave dedicated to activist happenings.

On the artistic front, I performed on June 18 at the Bikeology Festival under a tent in the pouring rain. As they say, the show must go on. You can catch the videos from it at my music channel on YouTube

One of my photographs was featured as part of the Visual Arts Alberta Association's member show "Energize," which was also part of The Works annual visual arts festival. I also became a member of Harcourt House, and have been working on some abstract paintings for the first time in over five years. I'll be posting the results of which in my gallery at deviantART, which has been updated with new photographs from my travels around central Alberta.

That's pretty much the long and short of it. I have been tending to update my YouTube channels and Flickr account more often than my blog. I'm also always posting on Twitter and will continue to use this blog to summarize what I am doing as well as present opinions on current events and causes.

No comments: